This Sausage and Peppers Breakfast Casserole is the perfect dish for breakfast or brunch! It’s packed with flavor from breakfast sausage and bell peppers—not to mention a healthy helping of cheese which is never a bad thing. And it’s all baked up in a tender bed of fluffy eggs and biscuits that makes it almost impossible to stop at just one piece.
This is a delicious recipe that is so simple to throw together. Most of the prep is hands off time when it’s baking away in the oven—time to spend getting other food ready or spending time relaxing with family—and when it’s done you’ll be treated to the tastiest breakfast casserole ever!
Ingredients (mix up order)
1 package Breakfast Sausage Links
1 package refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. In a large skillet over medium low heat, cook the sausage about 10-12 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then cut into pieces.
3. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 baking dish. Place the biscuits into the bottom of the dish, pressing together to seal.
4. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
5. Sprinkle the sausage, green pepper, red pepper, and shredded cheese evenly over the top of the biscuits. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the casserole does not jiggle when shaken lightly and the edges are golden. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick tip: Add your favorite veggies to make this lighter.
Recipe and image courtesy of Somewhat Simple.