These Parmesan Garlic Zucchini Wedges are a dinner time game changer for those who think they don’t like vegetables. For starters zuchs are a pretty mild tasting veggie—not nearly as bitter as some like can be—which makes them the perfect vessel for absorbing the highlighting the flavors of garlic and parmesan. And then they’re roasted they become incredibly tender.
My family adored these wedges so much we fought over the last one on the table—yes, fought over a veggie! But who can blame us? All you taste in every bite is the savory, addicting combination of parmesan and garlic. A winning recipe for sure.
Ingredients (mix up order)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters and put in a bowl.
3. Pour olive oil over zucchini and add minced garlic. With your hands, rub the garlic and olive oil all over the zucchini.
4. Put the zucchini on the baking sheet in a single layer, skin side down.
5. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and oregano.
6. Put the zucchini in the oven on the top rack, and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Switch the oven to Broil, and bake for another 4 minutes, or until zucchini is golden brown.
8. Serve warm. Optionally, you can sprinkle zucchini with an extra 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese right before serving
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick tip: Instead of oregano, you could add any of your favorite seasonings for these parmesan garlic zucchini fries.
Recipe and image courtesy of Melanie Cooks.